Saturday, January 5, 2013

Whine Whine WINE

If you are a TV addict like myself there is nothing worse than powering through a show (thank you Netflix) and then reaching the end of new episodes.  It's such an empty feeling.  Like, I've dedicated the past two days of my life to these characters and their dramas, and now I'm just supposed to wait and watch one episode per week?  Um, no thank you.  I prefer to be able to watch ten episodes in a row like a normal person.  Recent shows that have done this to me include: Revenge (WATCH IT), Nashville (oooooh, SO good!), and Scandal (Three words: Olivia. Freaking. Pope).  I know, I know, none of these shows are actually over, but I don't like having to watch with the masses.  It's depressing.  

RJ really doesn't understand and pretty much thinks I'm crazy.  In fact, I believe his words were, "You know these people aren't real right?  And I'm glad we're done with this for awhile.  You get so angry when you watch Revenge and Scandal.  And for no reason."  Haha, that last part is a tiny bit true...the girl power, it's addicting!  Olivia and I have no time for silly men.  Gosh.  But the rest of his comment was just unnecessary.  But I knew you guys would understand.  Unless you don't watch TV.  In that case we probably won't be friends in real life, but we can still be cyber-blog friends!

Other things that cause terrible feelings: taking down the Christmas tree and all the decorations.  Blah... the house looks so empty and sad.  And my seasonal mantle is bare.  How do you decorate for January?  Let's be real, nobody likes January.  Although it is RJ's birthday month, so there's some good.  But that's it.

Another terrible thing?  JOB APPLICATIONS.  I hate, let me repeat, HATE them.  Especially because I may be applying for things that are a tiny bit out of my league.  So they aren't just a pain, they're scary.  Watching my girl power shows does fire me up a bit, but cover letters still suck.  Why can I whip out a blog in two seconds but a cover letter takes me two million hours?

Wow. What a whiny, whiny post.  I'm sorry.  But not really.  Because that' s the beauty of a blog.  You can say what you want, and not feel that bad because people read it by choice.  I am kind of a hypocrite though because I totally judge whiny Facebook statuses (come on, don't lie, everybody has occasional  "nobody cares" thoughts when reading certain statuses) yet then I proceed to write an entire manifesto of bitching.  Haha.

Well I'm off to go have some WINE with my whine, because really, that is the best cure.  Wouldn't you agree?   

If you don't watch this show I demand, DEMAND, that you start immediately.  And this demand is dedicated to Andrea Lund who was the one who recommended it to me in the first place.  And all my other TV lovers of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...