Thursday, January 3, 2013

Who says Gosling is the best Ryan? Oh wait, maybe me...

I know I haven't blogged in what seems like twenty-five years, but the truth is, RJ and I just haven't been up to much lately.  Well, other than drinking lots of wine, catching up on our shows (I think I may love Netflix more than I love him, and probably vice-versa), looking at dogs on Petfinder, staring lovingly into each other's eyes... haha just kidding.  But we have been exceptionally lame lately and I really didn't think anyone wanted to hear me wax poetic about our most recent evening which was spent eating guacamole by the spoonful and playing rock-paper-scissors to see whether we watched Wilfred (his choice), or Scandal (mine).  Oh, why did we eat guacamole by the spoonful you ask?  Apparently SOMEONE has never heard of using a bag clip, and so our chips were quite stale.  And by quite I mean inedible.  But the guac was already made, so... when in Rome.  We are pigs survivors.

Oh, and yes, I am back to being officially unemployed.  Always a good way to start the new year.  I AM in the process of applying for a few things, but pretend I never told you that, in case I don't get any of them.

Truthfully, I am just so happy to be home and back with my RJ-Bear.  I never thought Vicksburg, Mississippi is where I would long to return, but six weeks away proved it true.  It could be RJ, or it could be the Netflix... the jury's still out.  Without sounding too sappy, I will say that we had such a wonderful Christmas and New Years together.  I am officially never ever (ever, ever) leaving him again.  BUT... before you throw up in your mouth, fear not!  He is definitely not perfect.  And here's why, (well actually, there are LOTS of reasons why, starting with the amount of football that has been on our TV this past week), BUT here is my point: he did NOT say this to me when he returned home from work yesterday:


Can you believe that?  Because it was SO the scene he came home to.  I think he secretly missed it.  I mean, who wouldn't want to come home from working all day to find their spouse on the couch in their pajamas at 5 pm?  Still, this remark would have been appreciated.

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, and I also hope your New Year is off to a bit more of an impressive start than mine.  Although, I did go for a run today AND clean the house, so I'm not a total loser.  I don't believe in New Year's resolutions, but I do believe in blogging, so it is my plan to do it more!

Now I'm off to show RJ some of these "hey girls" because I'm pretty sure if he sees enough of them he will start believing them.  I believe they call it the "mere-exposure effect".  Or something.  Psych 101 was a long time ago, so you really shouldn't hold me to that.  Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...