Thursday, August 30, 2012

Goodbye Isaac

I'm so happy and relieved that the damage to New Orleans from the storm was minimal.  But my heart goes out to the people in St. John and Plaquemines Parish.  The pictures on CNN are frightening.  I can't even imagine what those people must be feeling and what they are going through.  I wish there was something I could do, they do not deserve to go through this again.



Here in Vicksburg, things are fine.  Lots of wind and heavy rain, but nothing too dramatic.  Our power flashed on and off for about 2 hours this morning, but seems to have decided to stay on as of late.  RJ was told not to come into work, so we are hunkering down and doing what we do best- having a lazy day, complete with Netflix, macaroni and cheese (homemade thankyouverymuch) and a glass of wine at 3pm.  (If you can't day-drink during a tropical storm, when can you?) 

My thoughts exactly

Haha

I know how lucky we are, and my thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is not as fortunate.  Goodbye Isaac.  Move it along, you won't be missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...