Monday, September 24, 2012

I love fall

When I moved down south, fall quickly became my favorite season.  Every year there seems to be a magical day where you step outside, and suddenly the air has turned cool and crisp.  The cloying humidity has disappeared and you find yourself wanting to be outside again.  This lovely time of year seems to have arrived, and I am more excited than ever.  There is something so enchanting about the thought of leaves changing color, carving pumpkins, drinking apple cider, and curling up with a blanket watching football.  And let's not forget the cute outfits.  Hello boots!  Maybe it's because I am an unemployed loser have more time on my hands this year, but I have all these "fall resolutions" that I want to fulfill.  Last night I made a list and showed RJ.  He wasn't quite as into it, minus number 7, but I think he'll come around.

FALL TO-DO LIST:

1. Go apple picking

2. Have an outdoor picnic (preferably in a field surrounded by trees whose leaves are changing colors)

3. Make a fall mantle

4. Go to a pumpkin patch  

5. Have a pumpkin carving party

6. Make this apple cider at the pumpkin carving party

7. Go to a football game

8. Have people over for dinner and make this

9. Buy these and wear them enough to make the price worth it

10. Make apple crisp

11. Visit a corn maze

12. Take lots of fall pictures- especially at Gonzaga during Fall Family Weekend

13. Go to Greenbluff when in Spokane

14. Make these and these

15. Find an amazing couples Halloween costume.

16. Get invited somewhere for Halloween so we can wear our costume out of the house.

17. GET A JOB!!!

I started my to-do list already, and tackled number 3! (My favorite number).  We don't have a mantle, so I am using the shelf in our entry-way as my "seasonal mantle".



Isn't fall the best?  :)

What is on your fall to-do list?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...